Invisalign is the invisible way to straighten teeth using a series of custom-made, nearly undetectable aligners. And it’s been proven effective in both clinical research and in practices nationwide.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position your orthodontist or dentist has prescribed.
- You’ll visit your orthodontist or dentist about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9-15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
Invisalign® can help you get the great smile you’ve always wanted because it’s…
- Invisible, so no one can tell you’re straightening your teeth. So now you can smile more during treatment as well as after.
- Removable, so you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment, plus brushing and flossing are no problem.
- Comfortable, because it has no metal to cause mouth abrasions during treatment. And no metal and wires usually means you spend less time in your doctor’s office getting adjustments.
- Invisalign® also allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan when you start, so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete.
Clear positioners offer a less visible alternative for correcting crooked teeth. Firstly, a very accurate impression is taken. A digital series of models produced from scanning this impression are used to represent the teeth moving into better positions. From these a set of positioners are produced, each one designed to move the teeth by a tiny amount. The aligners are used in sequence and the teeth are gently moved into position. See the video below for more information.
Last Updated: 26th September 2020 at 5:26 pm